7 Baptism Bible Verses That Symbolize Accepting Jesus Christ
Baptism, the ceremony performed by most Christian churches and denominations, shows that the person being baptized has become a follower of Jesus.
Baptism symbolizes cleansing and accepting Jesus Christ as our true Lord and Savior. It is a testimony of our commitment to God.
Submerging people under water and rising from beneath it symbolizes the way Christ rose again after His death.
In the Old Testament, a similar washing ceremony was done when priests were ordained. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist before he began his ministry.
The usual form of baptism among the earliest Christians was for the person to be immersed totally or partially.
However, sprinkling, or pouring, was also practiced at an early day with sick and dying persons when total or partial immersion was not practical.
Here are 7 of our favorite Bible Verses that focus on Baptism and accepting Jesus Christ:
1) “For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body — whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free — and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.” — Corinthians 12:13
2) “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” — Acts 2:38
3) “And this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also — not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” — Peter 3:21
4) “And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.’” — Matthew 3:16-17
The Baptism of Jesus Hand Carved Wooden Statue
“Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Mark 1:11). This handmade olive wood carving in Bethlehem, the Holy Land is uniquely carved to represent the Baptism of Jesus Christ in Jordan River by John the Baptist. This olive wood statue is a great piece to represent the priceless and significant meaning of the Baptism. It is to identify us with Christ. It announces to others that we have made a decision to accept and follow the Lord our savior. Keep this handmade olive wood statue in your house, work, school or office and enjoy the blessings of being a Christian.
5) “Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.” — Romans 6:3-4
6) “And he said to them, ‘Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.’” — Mark 16:15-16
7) “John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.” — Mark 1:4, 5
Olive Wood Virgin Mary With Child and Lamb
This unique image of the Mother of God portrayed with her Son and lamb, will be a perfect gift for a baptism of your beloved newborn. Mary shines with her feminine beauty thru Bethlehem`s finest olive-wood while the lamb signifies all the sins that are taken away by Gods love. Notice the detailed emotions of love and caring she holds for all children.
We, the Bethlehem Handicrafts’ team, are so proud to put the Holy Land in your hand by giving you a variety of the best and the most outstanding original Bethlehem’s olive wood carvings with the best quality made in the Holy Land.