How to Take Care of Your Olive Wood Kitchenware Utensils
Olive wood utensils are truly one of a kind due to the olive wood’s exceptional grain and patterns, and distinctive odor! Although our olive wood kitchen utensils are known for their long-life durability since each utensil is hand crafted from a single large piece of genuine richly-grained olive wood that has been aged for years, olive wood kitchenware do require a certain kind of care.
Step 1: Mineral Oil
Food-grade mineral oil is the best oil to prolong the life of your olive wood kitchenware.
- With a small piece of cloth, rub your olive wood utensil with a little bit of mineral oil and let it soak into the olive wood.
- After a few hours when the oil is totally dried up, apply another layer of mineral oil. Repeat this month every few months, depending on how often it is used.
- Do not use your utensil before it has been completely dried.
Step 2: Cleaning
- Clean your utensils with warm water
- Avoid soaking the utensil in water because it could lead to cracking with time, which is why using mineral oil will prolong the longevity of your olive wood kitchenware. For it prevents the water from soaking deep into the wood.
- Use a drying towel to wipe the utensil dry, instead of depending on air drying.
- Do not put them in a dishwasher!
Give your meal a rustic feel with this olive wood plate carved in Bethlehem and make it feel like you are dining in the Holy Land the way Jesus did centuries ago.
We, the Bethlehem Handicrafts’ team, are so proud to put the Holy Land in your hand by giving you a variety of the best and the most outstanding original Bethlehem’s olive wood carvings with the best quality made in the Holy Land.
Made by Christian Hands. Loved by Christian Hearts.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.