What Does the Bible Say About Forgiveness ?
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Psalm 103:10-14 – He has not punished us as we deserve for all our sins, for his mercy toward those who fear and honor him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far away from us as the east is from the west. He is like a father to us, tender and sympathetic to those who reverence him. For he knows we are but dust.
Read our blog about pride.
- 1 Timothy 1:15-16 – Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.
- Luke 23:34 – As he hung on the cross – “And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”
- Ephesians 4:31-32 – Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Check out our Hand Carved Olive Wood “Jesus’ Forgiveness” Statue
This breathtaking piece of wood comes to you straight from the Holy Land to remind you of the utmost forgiveness of God. You can see from this 360° panoramic image the amount of detailed curvature that has been done on this olive wood piece to precisely deliver this haunting scene of Jesus gently holding one of the Roman soldiers who nailed him to the cross. Even in His agony, Jesus’ only concern was forgiving his crucifiers, the thieves on the cross, and the angry mob. Brilliantly hand carved in intricate detail, this smooth statue adds a serene accent to any part of the house. Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34)
- Mark 11:25 – And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
- Romans 12:18-21 – If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave I to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord. To the contrary, if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
- Matthew 5:39-41 – But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also; if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well, and if someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two.
- Luke 6:35-36 -But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
- John 14:26-27 – But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
We, the Bethlehem Handicrafts’ team, are so proud to put the Holy Land in your hand by giving you a variety of the best and the most outstanding original Bethlehem’s olive wood carvings with the best quality made in the Holy Land.
Made by Christian Hands. Loved by Christian Hearts.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.